"Austria on the High Seas"
Narodowy Bank Austrii
Stan zachowania monet:
Euro (20 €)
2004 r. -
6 srebrnych monet kolekcjonerskich - każda w kapsule ochronnej i indywidualnym etui,
wraz z indywidualnie numerowanym certyfikatem autentyczności !
Produkt dostępny na
zamówienie. Czas realizacji: ok. 2-4 tygodni od złożenia zamówienia.
detalami kolekcja 6 srebrnych monet o nominale 20 Euro
"Austria on the High Seas":
- ciekawa tematyka marynistyczna,
- urzekające precyzją wykonania srebrne monety,
- stosunkowo niski nakład,
- renomowana mennica Austrian Mint o ponad 800 - letniej
- wzór jakości proof,
- etui do każdej monety,
- indywidualnie numerowane certyfikaty autentyczności.
Austrian Mint przygotowała także elegancką, zbiorczą kasetę widoczną na
ostatnim zdjęciu (nie wchodzi ona w skład tego produktu, można ją
W skład kolekcji 6 srebrnych monet wchodzą monety:
- 20 Euro, S.M.S. Novara, 2004
- 20 Euro, S.M.S. archduke Ferdinand Max, 2004
- 20 Euro, Admiral Tegetthoff-The Polar Expedition, 2005
- 20 Euro, S.M.S. Sankt Georg, 2005
- 20 Euro, The Austrian Merchant Navy, 2006
- 20 Euro, S.M.S. Viribus Unitis, 2006
20 Euro, S.M.S. Novara,
First day of issue: June 16, 2004
The obverse shows the frigate S.M.S. Novara under full sail in Chinese
waters during her circumnavigation of the globe in 1857-1859. The
Novara was the first Austrian (and first German-speaking) ship to
circumnavigate the world. It was also the last ship of the line to do
so under sail. In the background one can see the Chinese coast and a
Chinese junk under sail. Seagulls, always a sign of the proximity of
land, circle the ship.
From the stern flutters the red-white-red flag of the imperial navy. On
the reverse is a double portrait of Archduke Ferdinand Max, the naval
commander-in-chief and the initiator of the voyage, and of Commodore
Bernhard von Wüllerstorf-Urbair, who commanded the Novara on
her voyage of circumnavigation. Before them on the table is a large
ship.s globe and instruments of navigation, along with a microscope
indicating the scientific nature of the mission.
20 Euro, S.M.S. archduke
Ferdinand Max, 2004
First day of issue: September 15, 2004
The obverse shows the armoured frigate S.M.S. Ferdinand Max under full
steam. Like all the early steam ships she still bore three masts and
sails. On the stern the Austrian naval ensingn flutters in the wind,
while atop the mizzenmast one can see the admiral's flag.
The ship was
named for the naval commander-in-chief and brother of the Emperor,
Archduke Ferdinand Max. In the historic Battle of Lissa of 1866
Rear-Admiral William Tegetthoff chose her as his flagship.
The reverse shows Rear-Admiral Tegetthoff himself after a painting by
Anton Romako, standing on the bridge of the S.M.S. Erzherzog Ferdinand
Max during the Battle of Lissa. Before him four sailors struggle with
the wheel to bring the ship into position to ram the Italian flagship
Rè d'Italia. The inscription reads "Admiral Wilhelm von
20 Euro, Admiral
Tegetthoff-The Polar Expedition, 2005
First day of issue: June 8, 2005
The obverse side shows the 220 ton sailing ship "Admiral Tegetthoff",
which was especially constructed in Bremerhaven (Germany) for the
Austro-Hungarian polar expedition. It was fitted with a steam engine to
enable it to sail independently of winds. Thomas Pesendorfer, chief
engraver of the Austrian Mint, has depicted the ship at the beginning
of the expedition as the "Tegetthoff" enters the icy waters of the
The ship soon became frozen fast in ice drifts, from
which neither sail nor steam could free them. The ship was named after
Austria's most famous admiral, Wilhelm von Tegetthoff, who had died on
7th March, 1871, just a year before. The expedition was led by naval
commander, Karl Weyprecht, and infantry first lieutenant, Julius von
The reverse side shows the two explorers in Arctic gear in the midst of
the icy landsacpe of "Kaiser Franz Joseph Land", which they had
discovered to the north of Russia. Behind them is the frozen ship which
they had to eventually abandon and strike out across the ice and snow
to try to reach the open sea. In three open boats they finally reached
the Russian island of Nowaja Semlja where they were picked up and could
make their way home.
20 Euro, S.M.S. Sankt
First day of issue: September 14, 2005
The obverse shows the armoured cruiser S.M.S. Sankt Georg sailing into
New York Harbour on 17th May, 1907. Together with the smaller S.M.S.
Aspern she was representing Austria-Hungary at the celebrations for the
300th anniversary of the founding of the original British settlement at
Jamestown (named after King James I) in Virginia.
With flags flying the
Sankt Georg steams into the harbour past the Statue of Liberty - that
landmark of New York which was a gift from France and which still
welcomes all travellers to the New World today. It was to be the last
visit of an Austrian naval vessel in the U.S.A.
The reverse side shows the naval arsenal of Pola, the principal naval
base of the Austro-Hungarian navy since the middle of the 19th century.
Here one sees the Olive Island in the harbour with its two
characteristic covered construction docks, where the Sankt Georg was
built between 1901 and 1903. The stern and the propellers can be
In the foreground a steam lauch sails by. The Sankt Georg
was the last of the great armoured cruisers before the era of the
dreadnoughts dawned, and she occupied a correspondingly important place
in the fleet. During the First World War the Sankt Georg was regarded
with respect by the Entente commanders.
20 Euro, The Austrian
Merchant Navy, 2006
First day of issue: June 7, 2006
The principal port for the Austrian merchant navy in the Adriatic was
the harbour city of Trieste. It was from here that most of the freight
and passenger ships under the red-white-red flag sailed out into the
world at large.
Trieste was home to many shipping companies and ship
building yards, including the Austrian Lloyd (known today as Lloyd
Triestino) and the Austro-Americana (today the Cosulich Line). The
obverse shows the largest and fastest of the Austro-Americana liners,
the Kaiser Franz Joseph I, as she sails out of Trieste. In the
background we see the Lloyd ship Brünn arriving in port and
the impressive maritime buildings lining the foreshore.
The reverse side gives a bird's eye view of the port of
Trieste, which had belonged to Austria since 1382. In the foreground on
the right is the old coat-of-arms of the city in the time of the
The view of the harbour is taken from the
square in front of the railway station along the Riva (the street along
the harbour front) past the moles or piers running out into the harbour
down to the Laterna, the lighthouse at the end of the Molo S. Teresa.
The harbour itself is full of steamships and sailing ships at anchor or
tied to the docks.
20 Euro, S.M.S. Viribus
First day of issue: September 13, 2006
This silver coin concludes the popular six-coin series .Austria on the
High Seas. The obverse side shows the flagship Viribus Unitis
under full steam as seen from the deck of an accompanying ship in the
fleet. Two ships of an older class may be glimpsed in the background.
The reverse side is a tribute to the old Imperial Navy, showing a
battleship (the Viribus Unitis itself) bearing down on us, while a
naval bi-plane circles overhead and a submarine surfaces in the
Two officers stand upon the tower and the old Imperial
Ensign flutters from its mast. Thus the coin commemorates not only the
ship Viribus Unitis, but also the three main arms of the
Austro-Hungarian Navy in the First World War.